author love stuffies affies
Your short name . Your teenage . Anythings? put here >,<
tumblrfacebooktwitter
+ FollowHome

put your cbox here : width 240

How Old is Old


One of my fears is to get old. Yes, I know it is a process that every human should undergo BUT I just don’t like it. Whenever I see my grandma walks so slow because of her arthritis or whenever I heard her repeat her stories as if it’s the first time, I pity her. I imagine myself being in the same situation. What if the time comes that I am the one who is being supported by my loved ones because I can not normally walk nor barely see? I fear it!

When we already have wrinkles and sagged skin or if we already have several diseases, we say that we are already old. While some depend on their age to weigh how old they are.
But how old really is old?

Well, I realized that being old is neither about how we look nor about what our age is. It is about HOW we FEEL for ourselves and for HOW LONG we want to be YOUNG. Yes, you heard it right. It doesn’t mean that if you turned 35, you are already old. It is not unless you ALLOW yourself to be old.

Also, it is about how we take care of our body to prevent from several diseases and to resist stresses which are the primary factors that cause us to look old. Being old depends upon us. When the time comes that we let oldness cripple us, that’s the only time we will be old. Again, age and physical appearance are not the basis.

So why choose to be old when we can stay young forever? Live Young. Feel Young. LOOK YOUNG.

Thanks sis Cathara for this. I enjoyed writing this post. Now, I'm tagging fiel, ate rosa, marz, laine and sharmaine.
Sunday, September 13, 2009 (3:55 AM)

Next | Back