author love stuffies affies
Your short name . Your teenage . Anythings? put here >,<
tumblrfacebooktwitter
+ FollowHome

put your cbox here : width 240

ICT Road Show 2013! Fashion Show Competition!

What a stressful event it was!

I know that's not what you're expecting to hear from me since my recent posts were telling how excited I was preparing for this event. Sadly, the fashion show did not turn out as I prepare it to be.

I was phoned by JPCS President, Joanne Silva, last night at 11:45pm. Guess what? She had brought me worse than a bad news. Joanne have told me that FEU-EAC was withdrawing from the competition for the reason that no professor would be available to accompany the students in the event. Since we were bringing the name of the school, we were not allowed to go just by ourselves.

My initial reaction was, of course, to cry. Why were they informing us just now when everything was all ready and prepared, including myself? Effort, time and money were already invested upon. Why so late? It's almost midnight and the event would be at 1pm the next day. Were they kidding me?

As much as I wanted to join, I couldn't. I was leading on the online votes which is 30% of the criteria. A lot of people already supported me and wished me luck. I have already bought shoes, clothes and accessories for this freaking event! I have practiced for million times the way I would project and strut down the catwalk! All of them were going to be wasted. But there I was, with nothing to do about it.

I have spent the night just crying until I've told myself that, maybe, this one is not for me. And there are still a lot of opportunities waiting for me out there! I just have to wait in God's perfect timing. 

All of these things already sank into my mind the next day. I was okay then, until another call quaked my now peaceful self. Joanne called again, telling me that we're going to push through the competition since she have already found an available professor.

The news was meant to be a good news, but not for me. Hello? It was already 11:00 o'clock in the morning and the event would be at exactly 1:00 in the afternoon! So, were they giving me only two hours to do everything? I am not the famous Wonder Woman, hey!

But, yes. I still went to the event. I was like The Flash. Dressed up, groomed myself up and went straight to the MRT Station in just a blink of an eye! I didn't even had the chance to go to the salon for my hair and make-up as planned originally. Neither had I got the chance to see what I look like in front of the mirror. 

And what completed my totally messed-up day was when I was asked/forced to buy a new attire since what I was wearing did not go along with the theme. They said the theme was neon. I was shocked by that because what I received from my e-mail was to wear something techie! No one updated me about the changes! Fudge!

Good thing I have cash with me. Bad thing was that I had to waste another amount of money for this glitched up event! I have already spent so much. But I had no choice! I went to the nearest boutique inside the mall and grab the first neon clothes I saw. I don't care if the clothes look good or if I good look on it. What I only want is for this event to be finished as soonest possible!

When I returned to the venue, the event was already starting. No time for me to practice or to even know where the hell I should step on the stage. And I was second to ramp! Cool, yeah? But of course, I still ramp on the runway. But with a displeasing look on my face. I was only giving my smile every time a photographer  was about to take a photo of me. 

To sum it all, here are some photos from the event:













 

 


Friday, January 18, 2013 (8:02 PM)

Next | Back